Reviews by category
News of a New Handset
click image to enlarge
I had to look twice, or maybe it was three times, as I rubbed the disbelief from my eyes. The reason was the arrival of an email regarding a new smartphone that was due to be launched later this month. It was not the arrival of yet another smartphone, we do seem to be a long way off reaching saturation point with these devices, but the name of the company launching this product that was causing my double or triple take. Fortunately the rubbing of my eyes allowed me to take in the fact that the third letter of the company's name was in fact "O" rather than the "D" I had first imagined. I will leave you to work out what I first thought was DOOGEE's name.
But on to more serious matters as I relate the information supplied to me about the new N20 Pro smartphone. This unit makes uses of 12-nano meter processing technology. Encased within the handset's body, with dimensions of 159 x 71.1 x 8 mm (H x W x D), this handset brings together a Helio P60 Octa-Core processor to deliver an enjoyable experience whether gaming, streaming music, taking pictures or chatters with friends and family, with a 4400mAh high-capacity battery that supports a 10W quick charge facility. The N20 Pro comes with 6GB of memory and 128GB of storage space which can be expanded up to 256GB with the use of a memory card for those wanting to play large games or watching high-definition movies. Providing the interface for users is the latest Android 10 platform with support for Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity.
The N20 Pro features a 6.3-inch FHD+ IPS Waterdrop screen with double coating protection. The screen has an aspect ratio of 19:9 for a visual impressive movie watching experience or when playing a favourite game. Users have a choice of inserting dual Nano SIM cards for personal and business use or switching one of the Nano SIM cards with a microSD memory card to increase storage capacity.
Following the current trend with regards to rear camera layout, the N20 Pro comes with a 16MP AI quad rear camera set up with a F.20 6 element lens. This arrangement comes with the claim of providing superior photos filled with captured memories, experiences and adventures. Features, such as a 130 degree ultra-wide camera lens and 3x optical zoom, add to the camera's functionality. Mounted on the front of the N20 Pro is a 16MP Samsung camera for capturing selfies as well as landscapes and other images.
Built into this handset is a fingerprint sensor. This feature uses Fingerprint Scanning technology to identify the user with a single touch to help ensure that only the appropriate person gains access to the device. Facial recognition biometric technology is included as standard for those whose face is their fortune.
The N20 Pro is available from the DOOGEE online store priced at $169.99. A special offer will be available for those purchasing the N20Pro on the 10-11th August at the reduced price of $119.99. Hopefully I will be able to check out and review this handset in the near future.
DOOGEE N20 Pro Features
- CPU – Octa-Core (4 x 2.0GHz ARM Cortex-A73, 4 x 2.0GHz ARM Cortex-A53) Clock Speed
- Chipset – MediaTek Helio P60 (MT6771), 64-bit Processor
- GPU – ARM Mali-G72 MP3, 800MHz, 3 Cores
- Camera – 16 Megapixels + 8 MP + 2 MP + 2 MP with Dual-LED and AF Rear Camera | 16 Megapixels Front Camera
- Memory – RAM- 6GB LPDDR4X, 1600MHz | ROM 128GB External Memory Supports Up to 512GB
- Display – Screen size 6.3-inches IPS FHD+ Display (1080 x 2280 Pixels), 20:9 Aspect Ratio
- Battery – Non-Removable 4,400 mAh Lithium-Polymer with Fast Charging
- SIM – Dual SIM (Nano-SIM + Nano-SIM/microSD)
- Sensors – Proximity Sensor, Accelerometer, Ambient Light, Gyroscope, Compass, Fingerprint Rear Mounted
- Colour – Black, Purple, Fantasy Forest Gray
- Operating System – Android 10 OS
- I/O Interface – 1 x Nano SIM Card, 1 x Nano SIM Card or microSD Card Slot, micro USB Port, Audio Out Port, Power Button, Volume Button, Microphone, Speaker
- Dimensions – 159 mm x 77.1 mm x 8.8 mm
- Weight – 175 Grams (With Battery)
|add to del.icio.us
|Digg this review