Accessibility
http://www.gadgetspeak.com/forum/group.rhtm

Laptops/PCs/Apple

You need to login or register
to contribute to this forum
Covering all topics about Laptops, PC's, Apple, and Tablet PC's
 Back to discussion list | Note : only members of this forum can post new messages
Started by
donato
Posted 24 Sep 2003
At 6:49
Worlds fastest personal computer

All i can say is WOW!

The Apple G5 is something else, see the details here>> http://www.apple.com/powermac/

Has anyone here got one or planning on getting one?

Replies to this discussion Total Responses:6
Posted 24 Sep 2003
At 7:52
A 6 year olds feedback on Apple G5(Reply 1)
My daughter saw the advert (the one where the camera zooms through the big hole in the house going through the kitchen and walls and ending up at the computer).

Her comment? "Dad - we don't want one of those - they make big holes in the house - we want a normal computer" - guess the advert wasn't tested on 6 year olds :-)

Posted 24 Sep 2003
At 8:56
Italian job?(Reply 2)

you're supposed to just blow the doors off? ;)

Posted 17 June 2005
At 23:24
Apple throws in the towel and moves to Intel(Reply 3)

I have to admit to being surprised at this one - shellshocked even, and yet it's actually an obvious move.

Moving MAC from PPC to Intel doesn't make a lot of difference from a software perspective, and I wouldn't be surprised if the move wasn't discussed as part of the MacOS-X design criteria. MacOS-X runs on top of a BSD derivative operating system. A lot of development of such systems happens to happen on Intel Platforms. Further, much development on such platforms also happens with the GCC compiler chain.

Moving everyone from Motorolla 68K to PPC was a huge upheaval, but now that most developers have movedto the Gnu tool-chain, a further move to Intel should simply be a recompile. That's the theory anyway. Most well designed applications will indeed simply recompile and I think the transition to Intel will be fairly painless.

I guess we get to wait-and-see!

Posted 17 Jan 2019
At 6:09
Worlds fastest personal computer(Reply 4)
Also my system tells me I do not have/need a USB high speed host controller, but I have the hard drive plugged directly into my laptop, rather than the USB multi port I also use. Can anyone advise related to laptop repair  please?
Posted 22 Aug 2020
At 8:12
Essay(Reply 5)

Yeah, I had some problems transfering data between these two components, as well. Luckily, one of my https://www.assignmentgeek.com.au/proofreading-services mates works in this industry, and he was able to help me out.

Posted 28 Jan 2023
At 5:36
Hello(Reply 6)

The new world's fastest personal computer is here, and it's a game changer! With its cutting-edge technology, this computer will revolutionize the way we work and play. Its lightning-fast processor, large storage capacity, and high-resolution graphics peter veres photographer at work make it a must-have for anyone looking to stay ahead of the competition. Whether you're a professional or an avid gamer, this machine will give you the power to do more in less time. It's time to take your computing to the next level.

Only members can contribute

You have to be logged into the site before you can participate in the disussion.

Member login

Welcome back to GadgetSpeak.

:
:

Not a member? Why not join?

lost password?