Accessibility
http://www.gadgetspeak.com/forum/group.rhtm

Entertainment

You need to login or register
to contribute to this forum
Hi-Fi's, DVD's, all audio and video systems, car stereos, walkman's and more...
 Back to discussion list | Note : only members of this forum can post new messages
Started by
petew
Posted 7 Nov 2003
At 0:11
Jukeboxs, running and hard-disks?

Anyone have any experience with hard-disk based juke boxes and running? Things I'd be interested in knowing are:

1. Does it ever skip like my CD player does?
  2. Any 'robustness' problems?

Think solid state is probably the answer, but really want something with a lot more capacity. Don't want to have two products either.

Thoughts and experiences welcome

Replies to this discussion Total Responses:5
Posted 28 Nov 2003
At 12:16
Jukeboxes and Running(Reply 1)

Hi Pete,

I am about to buy a 20G iPOD for the very use of running - and having a lot of CD's etc in my hand! From my research there is a 25 minute solid state buffer that the hard disk copies the music to. Playback is from the solid state memory which does not skip etc...my guess is that this preserves battery life with music being copied to the solid state in chunks rather than real time (that's only my opinion).

I have spoken to a chap with an iPOD and he has never had any issues with using it for sport. Also the Apple website and all the other current iPOD sales sites all tout it's use in a robust manner, gym, cycling, running etc....

Personally i can't wait for it to arrive and should be ordering within the next couple of days.

I'll let you know how i get on!

Posted 30 Nov 2003
At 8:22
No Problems Walking(Reply 2)

I have used severasl of these devices WALKING as the only time I am guilty of running is a short distance to catch a train, certainly they are fine for walking.

Paul

Posted 28 Feb 2019
At 11:51
seo(Reply 3)

good day

Posted 28 Feb 2019
At 11:51
seo(Reply 4)

In this discussion mentioned about entertainment. I go through the whole discussion the author mentioned about good services. In . engagement rings our society there are many service activities are held. We also take part in these type of activities

Posted 20 Mar 2019
At 17:58
Essay(Reply 5)

Hard-disks are something that have been around for a long time, and they've helped me many people. My mates who do australian writings have benefitted from these, as well. In fact, I think everyone has benefitted from it.

Only members can contribute

You have to be logged into the site before you can participate in the disussion.

Member login

Welcome back to GadgetSpeak.

:
:

Not a member? Why not join?

lost password?