Accessibility
http://www.gadgetspeak.com/forum/group.rhtm

Entertainment

You need to login or register
to contribute to this forum
Hi-Fi's, DVD's, all audio and video systems, car stereos, walkman's and more...
 Back to discussion list | Note : only members of this forum can post new messages
Started by
petta
Posted 29 Mar 2005
At 17:02
Good Service

Mostly you hear about ‘horror’ stories of people and their brushes with technical support and product repair.

Here I want to mention the fantastic service I received from the MP3 player people Rio.

My Rio Karma that I purchased last June suddenly locked up, I could not switch it off and no keypress was recognised. Luckily I had a pin and reset it, this turned it off. When I turned it on again it immediately locked up again.

Next I read the manual and tried doing what this said but again it locked up.

Now – Friday Afternoon – I sent an email to their technical support and on Saturday morning I received a reply, tried that, no help, emailed again and got another reply, no good, emailed again and this did not help either. He apologised and said I needed an RMA number. Please ring an (0207) number in office hours.

On the Monday I rang, the phone in London was transferred to the Netherlands and after a few questions was given the RMA number together with the address to send the unit to. I was told it would take up to two weeks.

On the Thursday of the following week a courier delivered a replacement Rio Karma. Yes it was within the warranty period – my word was taken on this – and I had to pay postage to the Netherlands £1.48, but this was how warranty claims should work.

Well done Rio, up till then I had never regretted the purchase and after such good service I still do not. I know it was a different unit returned as mine had a small scratch and this one was perfect.

Replies to this discussion Total Responses:2
Posted 30 Mar 2005
At 5:59
Good Service?(Reply 1)

Anyone else get good service, or is Petta just lucky?

Posted 20 Jul 2005
At 23:02
Re: Good Service?(Reply 2)

Had a good experience with Dell a few years back.

I bought one of there mini-tower systems, an XPR-400 which to those that know show how long ago this was!

The system arrived as expected and everything worked fine for a couple of days and then the 17" monitor just died. No warning - it just shut down and refused to do anything.

I got onto Dell, who were very helpful and immediately sent out a replacement monitor. As it happened they provided a replacement with a better spec than the original. I'd gone for the basic 17" product - and they replaced it with an excellent Triniton tube monitor.

The computer itself is still gong strong almost 6 years later. Now equiped with 3 hard-drives, the latest a 160Gbyte devive, it forms a cental store for all our music and photos.

My more recent experience with Dell products hasn't been so good....... but you did ask for good stories!

Posted 1 Feb 2019
At 7:32
Good Service(Reply 0)

Ohh i really like this post because when i star reading this post so ireally amazed to see this in blog post lots of information

Women’s Shearling good service

Posted 12 Oct 2020
At 18:43
nice post(Reply 0)

Accidentally i have come across this website and am a little bit confused about the details shared here. We can see the explanation regarding an mp3 player service the person can obtain from here. It was really good service buy cheap diamond rings and expecting more details regarding it.

Only members can contribute

You have to be logged into the site before you can participate in the disussion.

Member login

Welcome back to GadgetSpeak.

:
:

Not a member? Why not join?

lost password?