Accessibility
http://www.gadgetspeak.com/forum/group.rhtm

Health and Beauty

You need to login or register
to contribute to this forum
Discuss your favourite health, beauty and fitness gadgets! Any questions? Ask the other members in here!
 Back to discussion list | Note : only members of this forum can post new messages
Started by
mbosano
Posted June 15, 2004
At 8:57
GPS

I bought my Garmin 201 from www.sportextreme.com based in Denmark for 120 inc. p&p and it is a European model. You can buy them on Ebay but if inexpensive are liklely to be the USA model which, apparently, does not work here. The UK prices tend to be 150 (see www.wiggle.co.uk) although you can get the Forerunner 101 for less. The only difference being that the 101 uses AAA batteries as opposed to the 201 which is rechargeable.

Anyway - i cannot praise the gadget enough. Accurate mileage and speed figures are excellent to have for plotting and monitoring training and the virtual partner is a great way to 'race' .....

(p.s. i started a new discussion as thepostbutton on respond to thread didn't work!?!?!!)

Replies to this discussion Total Responses:3
Posted June 21, 2004
At 21:50
Re: GPS(Reply 1)

I'll do some investigating!

Unfortunately I now seem to have injured myself somewhere along the way. Really annoyed, having got up to 3 runs a week and started racing in earnest after putting it off last year I thought things were going well.

Ho-hum. Physio seems to be making it better (or at least finding lots of things wrong with my legs - I just put it down to age!)

Thanks for the info!

Posted Jul 23, 2004
At 8:36
Re: GPS(Reply 2)

Must be a curse of Garmin - since having the gizmo i've done about 4 runs and none of them in anger - having pulled a thigh muscle. Nightmare buton the road to recovery now and the Garmin helps rehab by monitoring my pace accurately to make sure i don't overdo it too soon.....

Good luck with the recovery...

Posted Jul 23, 2004
At 16:38
Re: GPS(Reply 3)

Having fixed all the 'side effects' of my injury (a long list) my physio has now diagnosed a stress fracture :-(

No running - or heavy impacts - for 6 weeks. Given me an excuse to get my bike out again. So it'll be September before my next run - just as we get into that horrible cold part of the year. Maybe we'll have an Indian summer!

Only members can contribute

You have to be logged into the site before you can participate in the disussion.

Member login

Welcome back to GadgetSpeak.

:
:

Not a member? Why not join?

lost password?