Accessibility
http://www.gadgetspeak.com/forum/group.rhtm

Questions and Answers

You need to login or register
to contribute to this forum
General discussion forum for the GadgetSpeak community. Ask questions about the site or the community, suggest new features or ask for help on using the site.
 Back to discussion list | Note : only members of this forum can post new messages
Started by
mbosano
Posted 2 Sep 2003
At 15:54
What's the incentive and other ramblings?

Hi,

Not sure what the incentive to register and write reviews on this site is really? If buying a camera you use www.dpreview.com and there are other more specific sites pertinent to games, fitness equipment etc etc....

The site looks like it is an offshoot of www.orange.co.uk particularly use of the word 'talk' in that text format?

There is nothing that i have seen in here that separates this from other collective review sites and on one (which i forget specifically) you get paid a nominal amount each time your review is read and rated...which leads me too....

A rate the review function (as per Amazon) would be good with radio buttons between 1-10....also a list facility (akin to amazon again i'm afraid) where punters can list top 10 gadgets linking to reviews. Also is their an editor function - a report the review facility would be good if the review is just abusive or uses bad language etc..

To make the site work it feels like there needs to be a point to make me want to spend time writing a review? An attached auction site selling gadgets that are reviewed or shopping links would make it more valuable as a resource....

Cheers,

Marcus

Replies to this discussion Total Responses:5
Posted 2 Sep 2003
At 21:37
excellent points(Reply 1)

Cheers for the feedback Marcus.

The big difference we are aiming to have here is that the reviews are written by the members for the members.

Also, i am not aware of many sites that have a "collective" of all gadgets, a lot just focus on one product or product type.

The rate sytem (as per Amazon) is already there, feel free to rate the current reviews :)

as this is still beta version we are looking to add a number of facilities, and feedback like yours is invaluable as to what we will have on this website in the future.

keep the feedback coming :)

cheers, Donato.

Posted 27 Nov 2019
At 7:31
Essay(Reply 2)

Just admiring your work and wondering how you managed this blog so well. It’s so remarkable that I can't afford to not go through this valuable information whenever I surf the internet! Relocation Blogs

Posted 27 Nov 2019
At 14:00
ex factor guide (Reply 3)

You're permitted to publish titles, although not hyperlinks, unless of course they're authorized as well as upon subject. ex factor guide

Posted 28 Dec 2019
At 8:32
Editors Directory(Reply 4)

Wow, this is fascinating reading. I am glad I found this and got to read it. Great job on this content. I liked it a lot. Thanks for the great and unique info. Editors Directory

Posted 23 Feb 2023
At 5:45
What's the incentive and other ramblings?(Reply 5)

Thanks for your questions! It's great to see that you're interested in learning more about our site. We understand that there are many review sites out there, and we want to make sure that we offer something different. house listings Mountain Home Our site offers users the opportunity to not only share their opinion, but also to engage in meaningful conversations with other members. We also have a rewards program that allows members to earn points for each review they write, which can be redeemed for various rewards. We believe that our site is unique in its ability to provide readers with an engaging and informative experience. Thank you for taking the time to ask your questions. We hope you'll consider joining our community!

Only members can contribute

You have to be logged into the site before you can participate in the disussion.

Member login

Welcome back to GadgetSpeak.

:
:

Not a member? Why not join?

lost password?