Accessibility
http://www.gadgetspeak.com/forum/group.rhtm

Questions and Answers

You need to login or register
to contribute to this forum
General discussion forum for the GadgetSpeak community. Ask questions about the site or the community, suggest new features or ask for help on using the site.
 Back to discussion list | Note : only members of this forum can post new messages
Started by
Kevin
Posted June 23, 2010
At 13:12
Nero 4 Photo Deluxe

Has anyone tried to re install this program on a new machine recently and got stuck at the first screen option skip or submit.

I know that Nero no loner support this but I cannot be the only one trying this

Replies to this discussion Total Responses:17
Posted Apr 24, 2014
At 8:22
On an evening that the Calgary Flames honoured Canadian Olympians in a pre-game ceremony, (Reply 12)

CALGARY -- On an evening that the Calgary Flames honoured Canadian Olympians in a pre-game ceremony, the night was spoiled by a pair of players from the U.S. Olympic hockey team. Dustin Brown had a goal and an assist and Jonathan Quick made 25 saves as the Los Angeles Kings made it back-to-back wins Thursday night with a 2-0 victory over the Flames. "They had a good Olympics too," said King head coach Darryl Sutter. "They make a big deal of it in the States because they dont win a medal but these guys all got to go and represent their country and the way they did it, especially our guys, they did an awesome job so they came back in a good frame of mind." Quick was steady all night in collecting his third shutout of the season and 29th of his career. He was especially sharp through the opening 40 minutes as Calgary built up a 23-13 edge in shots but trailed 1-0. "The first star of the game was Jonathan, no doubt about it," said former Flames defenceman Robyn Regehr. "He was very solid, even though we were on our heels a little bit. He made the saves that we really needed him too." Brown opened the scoring three minutes into the game, then helped the Kings get an important insurance goal, setting up Dwight King 3:30 into the third period. In the final 20 minutes, the Kings got back to their trademark stifling defence, outshooting the Flames 11-2 to secure the victory. "It was a great, great third period, exactly what we were looking for," said Quick, who improves to 17-13-2. "It was a solid, road period where you dont give up much and you make them work to gain zones. And scoring a goal at the beginning of the period was huge to give us a little bit more of a gap." Los Angeles (33-22-6) has won three in a row including its first two games after the Olympic break. They opened their short two-game road trip with a 6-4 victory in Colorado on Wednesday night. In third place in the Pacific Division, the victory increases the Kings lead over the Vancouver Canucks to seven points. Calgary (22-30-7), which went into the break on a 6-1-1 tear, lost for the first time at home in six weeks. The Flames had won their last five games at the Scotiabank Saddledome. "First two periods, I definitely thought we were the better team," said Flames captain Mark Giordano, while adding that Quick was the difference. "He made some great saves. He fought through some screens and tips. Theres nothing you can do. He was playing well, our guys were going to the net, our guys were fighting. But we couldnt find a way to get that one." The story line for the Flames was the NHL debut of two of their top prospects - both of them Finns. Making his NHL debut in net was Joni Ortio, who was called up from the Abbotsford Heat of the American Hockey League when fellow Finn Karri Ramo went down with a knee injury on Feb. 1. Ortio backed up Reto Berra for the final three games before the Olympic break. "I felt good, but I cant be totally satisfied, of course, because its always my goal to beat the goalie at the other end and that didnt happen tonight," said Ortio, who had 22 stops. The 22-year-old had been playing excellent hockey with the Heat where he had compiled a 20-6-0 record with a 2.22 goals-against average and .926 save percentage. "I felt good all day. I was kind of anxious during the day but as soon as I got back to the rink, I was all good," Ortio said. Also making his NHL debut was 20-year-old Markus Granlund, Calgarys second round pick in the 2011 NHL Draft. Granlund logged 7:14 in ice time, centring the Flames fourth line with Paul Byron and rugged Kevin Westgarth. In his limited time, the younger brother of Minnesotas Mikael Granlund, looked impressive registering two shots on goal. As a rookie in the AHL, Granlund is tied for fourth in the league in goals with 23 in 50 games. The Flames were playing their first game in 19 days and the rust showed early. On his second shift, defenceman steady Kris Russell bobbled the puck deep in his own end with it being promptly intercepted by Brown who darted to the net and stuffed a backhand behind Ortio. "I think our mistakes got magnified tonight because their goalie didnt give up one," said Giordano. One of Calgarys best chances to the tie it came late in the second period when it got its first power play. The Flames controlled the puck in the LA zone for the entire two minutes but they could not solve Quick. Notes: Calgary D Chris Butler (lower body) left the game halfway through the second period... Injured Flames Brian McGrattan (upper body) and Curtis Glencross (ankle) are back practising but have not yet been cleared for contact... The Kings scratched assistant captain Matt Greene, Matt Frattin and Tanner Pearson... Former Flames D Robyn Regehr played against his former team for the first time since being traded June 25, 2011. Regehr has played the second most games in Flames history (826)... Ortio, 22, is the youngest goaltender to start a game for the Flames since Jean-Sebastien Giguere on Feb. 12, 2000... Over 50 Canadian Olympians including Calgary-born bobsled gold medallist Kaillie Humphries were honoured in a pre-game ceremony. wholesale nfl jerseys . -- Defensive lineman Albert Haynesworth has been released by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, who signed him after injuries decimated their roster midway through last season. Wholesale Jerseys USA . Plumlee scored a season-high 22 points and matched his best with 13 rebounds, and the Nets used their best defensive first half in eight years as the springboard for a 93-81 victory over the New Orleans Pelicans on Sunday night. http://www.chinacheapjerseysnfl.com/ . Finally, the work on Minnesotas polarizing and long-sought new stadium was under way. After more than a decade of planning, dealing and pleading, the $1 billion project began Tuesday with a formal groundbreaking in downtown Minneapolis. cheap jerseys from china .2) Re-seed, according to regular-season points, the four first-round winners in each conference, and conduct the second round to create four Stanley Cup semi-finalists. NFL Jerseys China . The commissioners office said Wednesday that the suspension will be effective at the start of this season. Farina is currently on the roster of Single-A Dunedin Blue Jays of the Florida State League. GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Florida basketball coach Billy Donovan hadnt planned on having centre Patric Young for its game against Auburn because of a flareup of the tendinitis in the his knees. However, when pregame warmups were finished, Young told his coach he could play. That decision turned out to be crucial in saving the Gators school-record 18-game winning streak. Young hit a pair of free throws with 19 seconds remaining to break a tie and added another after Auburn committed a crucial turnover to seal second-ranked Floridas 71-66 victory at the OConnell Center. "Ive been practicing situations, like the opportunity to go to the Final Four with free throws as the game-winner," Young said about clutch late-game performance. "I was just telling myself, Be great. Strive to be great right now. "Ive been working on my free throws and I just went up there and swished them like it was nothing," he said. It wasnt the Gators best effort but it may be good enough to put them atop The Associated Press college basketball poll for the first time since the 2006-07 season after No. 1 Syracuses overtime loss to Boston College on Wednesday night. Provided, of course, the Gators beat host Ole Miss (16-10, 7-6) on Saturday. "One of the things I talk to our guys about is that with our rankings and being undefeated in the league we get everyones best shot," Donovan said. "But I like to look at it the other way. Are we going to give our best shot? I dont think that we did that today." Young never mentioned he had chronic tendinitis in his knees. Donovan revealed that Young was hurting in his postgame news conference. "He didnt warm up and he told me before the game that he could play," Donovan said. "His knees are ailing. I thought he was phenomenal in the second half. He played great. Where hell be at tomorrow well probably have a better idea but him playing or how much we could play him today was in doubt.dddddddddddd" Young didnt played well in the first half, missing his only shot from the field and grabbing just one rebound in 14 minutes. He wasnt the only one playing sluggishly, though. The Gators (24-2, 13-0 SEC) trailed 38-30 at the break, which the was the teams largest halftime deficit of the season. "We definitely came out a little flat," said senior forward Casey Prather, who scored 16 points and had nine rebounds. "We werent doing the things that we needed to do and should have done to win the game. Im just glad we had a chance in the second half to continue to play basketball." Young certainly responded in the second half. He scored all 17 of his points and grabbed six of his seven rebounds in the final 20 minutes. He hit five of his six shots in the second half and the 17 points tied a season high. Florida had taken a 66-65 lead on Michael Fraziers 3-pointer with 40.5 seconds to play, but the Tigers tied it on a free throw by Chris Denson with 20 seconds remaining. Young grabbed the rebound on the missed foul shot and was immediately fouled. Young, a 55.9 per cent career free throw shooter, hit the two free throws to give the Gators the lead for good and ensure theyd extend their home winning streak to 31 consecutive games. Auburn (12-12, 4-9) nearly pulled off the upset because of its 3-point shooting. The Tigers made 10 of 19 3-point shots. Tahj Shamsid-Deen led the Tigers with 17 points and made 5 of 8 3-point shots. Auburn, though, made a costly mistake in the final seconds. After Youngs free throws put the Gators up 68-66, Allen Paynes inbounds pass to K.T. Harrell bounced out of bounds. Harrell had glanced up-court and never saw the ball and it ricocheted off his arm and into the Florida bench.wholesale jerseys ' ' '

Posted Apr 24, 2014
At 8:23
The finish wasnt what Jimmy Walker wanted.(Reply 13)

PEBBLE BEACH, Calif. -- The finish wasnt what Jimmy Walker wanted. The result is what hes come to expect. Walker led by as many as six shots Sunday in the AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am, only for it to be decided by his final putt. He ran his birdie attempt 5 feet by the hole, and had to make that for par to close with a 2-over 74 and a one-shot win over Dustin Johnson and Jim Renner. "Its drama, man," Walker said on the 18th green. "It was too much for me." But it was a familiar outcome for Walker, a 35-year-old Texan who only four months ago was regarded as one of the best players to have never won on the PGA Tour. This was his third win of the PGA Tour season, a streak that began in October about an hour away at the Frys.com Open. Walker joined some exclusive company. He is only the fourth player in the last 20 years to win three times in his first eight starts to a season. The others are Tiger Woods (who has done it eight times), Phil Mickelson and David Duval. For a brief moment, it looked as though Walker might have a chance to join Greg Norman and Sergio Garcia as players to lose a six-shot lead in the final round. He was never seriously challenged until Johnson, and then Renner, put together a strong finish. Johnson, a two-time winner at Pebble Beach, closed with a 66 on a card that included three bogeys. Renner, who had yet to make a cut all year, made five birdies on the back nine for a 67. Walker made a 10-foot birdie on the 11th hole and was seemingly on his way. But he hit a poor chip on the par-3 12th for a bogey. He three-putted the 13th for a bogey. He settled down for three simple pars and was two shots clear with two to play. Walker three-putted the 17th, missing a 3 1/2-foot par putt. He tried to play it safe on the 18th with an iron off the tee that found the right rough. From 25 feet above the hole, he hit the birdie putt too hard and had one anxious moment. "I hate three-putting," Walker said. "I had two of them back there, and definitely didnt want another one on the last." Walker finished on 11-under 277 and earned $1.188 million, expanding his lead in the Ryder Cup standings to more than $1 million over Mickelson in second place. The Ryder Cup is based on PGA Tour earnings, though there are still four majors (which count double), three World Golf Championships and The Players Championship remaining. For now, the stars are aligned for Walker better than anything he sees through his high-powered telescope. "I just go out and play golf," Walker said. "This is what I want to do and Ive worked really hard to do it, to be here, and to be in this position and its really cool." Jordan Spieth had to return Sunday morning to complete his third round, which ended with his sixth three-putt of the round for a 78. He faced Pebble at its most vicious throughout the third round, though he bounced back with a bogey-free 67 to at least tie for fourth with Kevin Na (69). And he hasnt lost his sense of humour. "Yesterday was a day where you want to play Pebble Beach in that weather once in your life," Spieth said. "You just dont want it be Saturday when youre in the lead." Chalk it up to another learning experience for Spieth, who said his 36 putts were more a product of not having the speed than the less-than-smooth quality. "I felt like I needed birdies when I didnt," he said. Another strong finish belonged to Graeme McDowell, returning to Pebble for the first time since his U.S. Open title in 2010. He closed with a 67, happy with a week in which he would have settled for just knocking some rust off his game before heading to Riviera next week. Outside of Walker, however, the big winner was Renner. He was among the Web.com Tour graduates who played poorly in the four "finals" event that determine priority ranking, and struggled to get into tournaments. In his fifth start, he not only made his first cut, Renner earned a spot at Riviera next week and will be in better position to get into events over the next couple of months. "It was pretty big," Renner said. "I just knew I needed a good week. My back was up against the wall, and thats something Im familiar with and I dont mind it. But Im happy that I freed myself up a little bit for the rest of the year." DIVOTS: Jim Renner and John Harkey Jr., the CEO of Consolidated Restaurant Operations, Inc., won the pro-am portion of the tournament. ... Tim Wilkinson, playing in the final group with Jimmy Walker, closed with a 73 and tied for seventh. That gets him into the Northern Trust Open next week at Riviera. ... Walker was the fourth Pebble Beach winner since 1994 to shoot 74 in the final round -- Johnny Miller in 1994, Dustin Johnson in 2010, and Graeme McDowell in the 2010 U.S. Open.cheapraybanaviatorssunglasses . -- Los Angeles Angels first baseman Kendrys Morales has been cleared to run outdoors, the next step in his recovery from a broken ankle that sidelined him last season. Aviators Sunglasses For Sale . PAUL, Minn. http://www.cheapraybanaviatorssunglasses.com/ . -- Ryan Getzlaf, Bobby Ryan and Corey Perry finally clicked in the same game for the struggling Anaheim Ducks. ray ban aviators outlet . Brian Overstreet, Fairleys agent, says the defensive lineman signed a four-year deal worth "right around US$10 million" Thursday night -- with a club option for a fifth year. Ray Ban Cheap . -- Greg Monroe scored 18 points and the Detroit Pistons beat the Washington Wizards 99-96 in a preseason game Tuesday night. SAN ANTONIO -- Spurs coach Gregg Popovich admitted he is getting antsy for a loss. Hell have to wait. Marco Belinelli scored 18 points and San Antonio never trailed after its opening possession, extending its winning streak to 17 games with a 96-80 victory over the New Orleans Pelicans on Saturday night. The Spurs once again used fluid passing and tireless player movement to overwhelm an opponent. San Antonio finished with 24 assists while going 37 for 78 from the field in snapping New Orleans five-game winning streak. "They move around a lot, and run their sets hard," Pelicans guard Brian Roberts said. "Whatever theyre running, they are moving constantly. It puts pressure on a defence to play 24 seconds worth." Roberts scored 18 points, Austin Rivers added 16 points, Tyreke Evans had 11 points and Al-Farouq Aminu had eight points and 10 rebounds for New Orleans (32-41). Kawhi Leonard and Manu Ginobili scored 15 points each, Patty Mills added 13 and Tim Duncan had 12 points and eight rebounds. San Antonio (57-16) extended its lead to 3 1/2 games over Oklahoma City (53-19) for the leagues best record. In addition to winning its last 17, the Spurs have won 20 of 21 and have not lost since falling 106-85 to the Phoenix Suns on Feb. 21. "It is sweet to be a part of that," Ginobili said. "It is not something that happens very often because it is a long spread of game, a month or two. Here or there you have a bad game or the opponent has a bad one, but a lot of things have combined for us to have this type of streak. We played really well and we are healthy." New Orleans was without Anthony Davis, its leading scorer and rebounder. Davis injured his left ankle 4 minutes into the Pelicans victory over Utah on Friday night. "Its a joint/soft tissue injury right now," New Orleans coach Monty Williams said. "He did it in his normal routine. Hes listed as day to day. Well see how he feels tomorrow." Williams said the Pelicans would have had a tough task even with Davis and the Spurs showed why early. "They jumped oon us," Evans said.dddddddddddd "They just moved the ball hit shots and we couldnt make a shot." San Antonio opened the game on a 23-6 run, with Belinelli picked up where he left off Friday night. He was 4 for 5 on 3-pointers against New Orleans after going 6 for 9 on 3-pointers Friday while scoring a game-high 27 points in a 133-102 victory in Denver. "Hes been really steady for us and he plays a great all-around game," Popovich said. Belinelli made his first two 3-pointers against the Pelicans after opening with a 15-foot jumper off an assist from Duncan. Belinellis first 3-pointer with 6 minutes remaining in the first quarter gave San Antonio a 16-4 lead. The Spurs would never lead by less than 10 points the rest of the way. After Alexis Ajinca hit a 17-foot jumper on the games opening possession, New Orleans did not score again until Greg Stiemsmas dunk with 8:21 remaining in the first quarter. The three-minute drought was followed by another three-minute drought. "We couldnt finish in the paint tonight," Williams said. "We were 18 for 48 in the paint. Thats a bad number for us. Were a team that usually is high when it comes to points in the paint." Rivers layup with 30.9 seconds pulled New Orleans within 69-59 with 30.9 seconds left in the third quarter, but Belinelli hit back-to-back 3s to fuel a 12-3 run and San Antonio reasserted its control. San Antonio travels to Indiana to play the Eastern Conference-leading Pacers on Monday. NOTES: Three-time Masters champion Phil Mickelson sat courtside during the game cheering the Spurs. Mickelson withdrew Saturday from the third round of the Valero Texas Open after injuring an oblique muscle. "I pulled a muscle on my downswing trying to hit the ball hard on the second hole (his 11th)," Mickelson said in a statement. "It just killed and it wouldnt subside for 10 or 12 seconds." ... Spurs W Danny Green (right foot inflammation) and Matt Bonner (right calf strain) both sat out the game. ... Roberts played 29 minutes after being listed as day to day with a left knee bone bruise. wholesale jerseys ' ' '

Posted Apr 24, 2014
At 8:24
Mike Smith made 28 saves in the Phoenix Coyotes 3-1 victory over the San Jose Sharks on Saturday night, (Reply 14)

GLENDALE, Ariz. -- Mike Smith made 28 saves in the Phoenix Coyotes 3-1 victory over the San Jose Sharks on Saturday night, the pre-season finale for both teams. Smith was perfect through two periods, and only a fluke goal prevented the shutout. Martin Hazel had a goal and an assist, and Radim Vrbata added two assists for the Coyotes (3-4). The Sharks (5-1) spoiled Smiths shutout bid midway just over eight minutes into the final period when defenceman Marc-Edouard Vlasics shot from the right point deflected off the Phoenix defence and over Smiths right shoulder. After a scoreless first period, the Coyotes broke it open with three goals in the second. Wholesale Jerseys . The Penguins rebounded from a loss on Saturday and beat the leagues worst team on Monday night as goaltender Marc-Andre Fleury stopped 24 shots for his fourth shutout, a 3-0 win against the Buffalo Sabres. cheapwholesalenflchina .com) - The Tampa Bay Lightning will have to wait until after the Olympic break to get star centerman Steven Stamkos back, but the club hopes to avoid a fourth loss in five games when it hosts the Toronto Maple Leafs without him on Thursday night.http://www.cheapwholesalenflchina.com/ . Documents obtained by the Canadian Press under access to information legislation offer few answers to those seeking to understand why the Conservatives decided against the project. Wholesale NFL Jerseys From China . The top-seeded Ferrer beat Jerzy Janowicz of Poland 6-4, 4-6, 6-0, while the third-seeded Almagro bounced back from a poor start to down Fabio Fognini 7-6 (6), 6-2. Cheap NFL Jerseys China . The free agent first baseman with the bushy beard reached agreement with the World Series champions Friday on a two-year contract for $32 million.CARLSBAD, Calif. -- Paula Creamer easily overcame tricky morning wind conditions Thursday in the Kia Classic for a share of the first-round lead with Mariajo Uribe. Creamer and Uribe shot 5-under 67 at Aviara to finish a stroke ahead of Cristie Kerr, Shanshan Feng, Jodi Ewart Shadoff and Mi Hyang Lee. "It was swirling a lot," Creamer said about the wind. "It was pretty inconsistent at spots out there, but you just kind of have to trust your wind map or trust and see whats going on out there." A playoff winner March 2 in Singapore, Creamer had six birdies and bogeyed the par-4 15th -- her sixth hole of the day -- after her approach plugged in the face of a bunker. "I played pretty solid," Creamer said. "I had one bogey, but I gave myself a bunch of opportunities and putted really well, made some good two-putts. I think its an advantage playing early in the morning and I wanted to take that advantage." In Singapore, she made a breaking, downhill 75-foot eagle putt on the second extra hole to beat Azahara Munoz. The victory ended a 79-event drought dating to the 2010 U.S. Womens Open. "Its beneficial any time to win, but for me, it definitely has made this season, a lot sweeter, thats for sure," Creamer said. "Its made me believe even more in what were doing with my golf swing. All those hard times that Ive been struggling with the last couple of years, it just kind of puts a cap to it and all and just shows what perseverance is all about." Uribe, from Colombia,, birdied Nos.dddddddddddd 2-5 and 11 in her bogey-free afternoon round. The former UCLA player won the 2007 U.S. Womens Amateur. Top-ranked Inbee Park, preparing for her title defence next week in the Kraft Nabisco Championship in Rancho Mirage, was two strokes back at 69 along with Munoz, Lexi Thompson, Lizette Salas and Tiffany Joh. "My ball-striking was great," Park said. "I hit almost probably every fairway and every green and I probably hit everything inside 15 feet. Didnt hole anything. ... "Today was like the day I could have gone 10 under, but still in the 60s. Thats all right. Three more days, keep the ball-striking like this week and next week and I think itll be good." Thompson had four birdies and a three-putt bogey. "It was a pretty consistent day," Thompson said. "Could have dropped a few more putts coming in, but overall I played very solid, so Im happy with it." Third-ranked Stacy Lewis shot 73, and 16-year-old Lydia Ko had a 74. Karrie Webb, coming off a victory Sunday in Phoenix in the JTBC Founders Cup, had a 75. The 39-year-old Hall of Famer also won the Womens Australian Open last month. DIVOTS: Kia endorser Michelle Wie shot 70. ... Defending champion Beatriz Recari had a 71. Last year, the Spaniard, won with a birdie putt from the fringe on the second hole of a playoff with I.K. Kim. ... Yani Tseng also shot 71. She won the 2012 tournament for the last of her 15 tour titles and has dropped from first to 46th in the world in a year. wholesale jerseys ' ' '

Posted Apr 24, 2014
At 8:24
The gangs back together, mostly(Reply 15)

GREEN BAY, Wis. -- The gangs back together, mostly, for the Packers in the playoffs. Aaron Rodgers and Randall Cobb pulled off a fourth-down stunner last week against the Chicago Bears in each players first game back from injury. Now imagine what Green Bay can do with the franchise quarterback and speedy receiver practicing without limitations for a full week, joining Jordy Nelson, James Jones and Eddie Lacy on the list of playmakers. Just in time for Sundays matchup against the San Francisco 49ers in an NFC wild-card game. "Its going to be tough for defences to play us, the way theyre going to approach the game as far as are they going to try to take the pass away, or are they going to try to take the run away," Cobb said Wednesday. "So, we (pose) a pretty obvious threat, I think." No need to think about it. After a roller-coaster season, the Packers (8-7-1) are brimming with confidence. They took the NFC North title by winning three of their last four games, and getting help from collapses by the Lions and Bears. Rodgers and Cobb helped seal a third straight division crown by connecting on an unlikely 48-yard touchdown pass on fourth-and-8 with 38 seconds left. With Rodgers back, anything is possible. "He runs our offence at a very, very high level," coach Mike McCarthy said. "When hes on the field were different." That left collarbone injury that kept him out for seven games is fine, so much so that McCarthy has no worries about him for practice this week. McCarthy isnt worried about the leg injury that kept Cobb out, either. In fact, Rodgers was bothered more by cramping in his calves. He was facing his first game action in nearly two months. But Rodgers said his legs are fine, too. "Well, myself and Randall are back, that helps. We had a couple good connections on Sunday. Its doing the stuff we want to do," Rodgers said. "We want to be an up-tempo team, we want to get a lot of plays run, we want to try to wear the defence down a little bit." Rodgers impact on the offence is a no-brainer. The 2011 NFL MVP excels as a decision maker and can make pinpoint throws for big plays. But Cobbs recovery from his October injury got lost in the soap opera surrounding when Rodgers might come back. Cobb may not be at full speed, but just his mere presence and versatility might cause defenders to think twice about what might be coming. Against the Bears, he manoeuvred his way open for two touchdown catches. When Cobb was out, Jordy Nelson moved inside and Jarrett Boykin emerged as another competent receiver. "Randall does so much for our offence. We can give him the ball, we can get it to him quickly out of the backfield. We can have him in the slot," Rodgers said. "So, bringing Randall back with the way those guys can be interchangeable at different positions definitely has a lot to offer." Theres also the matter of Cobbs quickness, and his ability to turn a screen pass into a 20-yard gain. Toss in the emergence of rooking running back Lacy and the hard running of backup James Starks, the Packers have that offensive balance the team sought at the beginning of a season that started with a 34-28 loss at San Francisco. Note: As of Tuesday afternoon, the Packers had roughly 7,500 tickets left for Sundays playoff game. About 40,000 available seats went on sale Monday, about 12 hours after the team locked up a playoff berth, with season-ticket holders getting first crack. A spokesman said the team was optimistic the game would sell out. "These are the games our fans live for, so I really have no concern about it at all," McCarthy said. ... The National Weather Service in Green Bay has said the high temperature Sunday could range from zero to 10 degrees with an arctic front pushing through the Midwest. cheap nfl stitched jerseys . - Jim Leyland sat in his office, his lucky cigar resting unlit in a nearby ashtray. wholesale jerseys . -- The Baltimore Ravens have agreed to terms with former St. http://www.thecheapjerseys.com/ . While finally settling into a platoon at second, Bonifacio is hitting just .169 and Izturis is even worse at .162. Their overall defence has been even worse. It makes you long for the days of Roberto Alomar, or even Aaron Hill, in the good years. Watching these two struggle just drives home the point of how few really good second basemen there are. nfl cheap jerseys from china . -- Rudy Gay watched from a sky box seat as his new Sacramento teammates easily handled the Dallas Mavericks on Monday night. cheap jerseys from china .ca. Kerry, I appreciate your earlier comments on Torontos handling of the Vanek goal, and Im sure youve seen the Howie Rose-Kris King interview by now.THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. -- After a day of so much uncertainty about where the ball was going, Tiger Woods landed in a place where the outcome is rarely in doubt. He was in the lead. Woods survived a rough round of swirling swing at Sherwood on Saturday with two birdies on his last three holes. That enabled him to salvage an even-par 72 and maintain his two-shot lead over Zach Johnson going into the final round of the World Challenge. Woods round featured a tee shot into the water, a three-putt from 6 feet and a long delay on the 18th fairway as he tried to figure out which way the wind was blowing. He took a little off an 8-iron when he felt the wind switch yet again and holed a 12-foot birdie putt. "Im pleased at having the lead -- not real pleased with the way I putted today," Woods said. "I left a few out there today." But he wasnt alone. The average score was just under 73, and everyone ran into problems somewhere along the way, particularly on the 15th, a par 3 that played to an average score of 4.17. Johnson made two double bogeys on par 3s on the back nine, and didnt feel as though he hit a poor shot on either hole. It was simply a matter of getting the wind to co-operate. "I didnt take myself out of it," said Johnson, who also birdied two of the last three holes for a 72. Woods was at 11-under 205, two shots ahead of Johnson, just like he started the day. There are 18 holes to go, and Woods has a 48-5 lead worldwide when he has the outright lead going into Sunday. He has won all four times with the lead this year, and the last time he gave up a lead on Sunday was at Sherwood in 2010, when Graeme McDowell came from four shots behind and won in a playoff. It can be done, and two shots can be erased in one hole in conditions like this. Woods is trying to end his year with a sixth title, which would be the ninth time hes done that in his career. What began as an elite field of 18 players -- all of them from the top 30 in the world ranking -- has effectively been whittled to three barring a late charge from deep in the pack. Bubba Watson was within one shot oof the lead briefly until a three-putt bogey on the 18th, and two late birdies by Woods.dddddddddddd Watson had a 69 and was four shots behind. No one else was within six shots of Woods. "This golf course is very difficult," Watson said. "Right now, theres a pretty good player leading. Hes won here before. He knows this golf course pretty well. But Im just going to come out there and play. Ive shot under par my last few rounds. I want to keep doing that. If I can shoot in the 60s, give myself a chance, well see what happens." Rory McIlroy had the low round Saturday of 68, and that included a double bogey on the par-3 15th, which was playing 193 yards from an elevated tee. Keegan Bradley and Steve Stricker each took a 7 on the par 3. Johnson was one shot out of the lead when his 5-iron went into the creek, and it wasnt particularly close. He made double bogey. Woods hit 6-iron well to the left, and while he three-putted from long range for bogey, that was about par for the day. "I thought Zach hit it perfect," Woods said. "He hit a little cut 5 and it was right on the flag. I mean, I thought it was the perfect flight to get there. I had a 6, and I knew that if my ball kicked up at all, it wasnt going to get there after seeing his ball get smoked at the end. So I went ahead and flipped it over to the left and bailed out." Johnson briefly took the lead with a birdie on No. 9, though Woods caught him with a birdie on the 10th. Johnson lost momentum with one bad shot, a fairway metal for his second shot on the par-5 11th that went right into a bed of leaves under a small cluster of trees. He tried to punch under the trees and onto the green, but his shot hit one branch and led to bogey. Johnson made a double bogey on the par-3 12th and just like that was three shots behind. He got back to within one shot on the next hole when Woods three-putted from 6 feet for bogey and Johnson made bogey. Ultimately, they ended up where they started the day, putting Woods one round away from his sixth win at Sherwood. The tournament is moving to Florida next year. wholesale jerseys ' ' '

Posted Apr 24, 2014
At 8:25
Their big early lead was gone, (Reply 16)

MIAMI -- Their big early lead was gone, the Miami Heat were trailing with 3 minutes remaining and the two-time defending champions seemed very much in trouble. They didnt let Boston score again. Thats how to snap a defensive slump. LeBron James scored 11 of his 29 points in the fourth quarter, Chris Bosh added 16 and the Heat beat the Celtics 93-86 on Tuesday night -- finishing the game on a 9-0 run after trailing 86-84 with 3:08 left. "Its difficult doing what we do," Bosh said. "But thats why were the champs, to do the difficult thing again and get the job done. Tonight was a good start. We just have to build off of it." Chris Andersen scored 13 points and made all five of his shots for Miami, which had given up at least 100 points in four of its last six games. The Heat are 25-1 when allowing less than 100 points; 5-11 otherwise. Brandon Bass scored 15 points, Kris Humphries had 14 points and 13 rebounds, and Jeff Green had 12 points for the Celtics, who enjoyed a 46-33 edge in rebounds but shot only 39 per cent. And when it was over, Celtics coach Brad Stevens had a simple assessment of the final 3 minutes. "LeBron James happened," Stevens said. James made seven free throws in the final 2:33, the only other points down the stretch coming on a jumper by Ray Allen that put the Heat up for good. James did the rest, while the Celtics missed their final four shots. Rajon Rondo, still coming around after returning from knee surgery, missed all eight of his shots, plus a pair of free throws with the Celtics down four with 44.4 seconds remaining. Avery Bradley, the Celtics other starting guard, was lost in the second quarter with a sprained right ankle. "LeBron got a bunch of calls down the stretch," Bass said. "We expect that. We just wished we could have kept him off the line." The Celtics rallied from a 10-point deficit to win 111-110 in their first trip to Miami this season. They seemed poised for a bigger comeback this time, steadily chipping away at a big Miami lead by getting it down to 11 by halftime, then four entering the fourth. And a dunk by Humphries with 3:08 left -- about a half minute after James tried a reverse dunk that rimmed out -- put the Celtics on top for the first time since the opening minutes. Thus ended Bostons offence for the evening. "Its the only way were going to be able to win games, if we defend," James said. As if playing without Dwyane Wade isnt difficult enough for Miami -- he was out for the 12th time this season -- the Heat found themselves facing a sticky situation at his position just 71 seconds after tip-off. Allen, who started in Wades spot, was called for two fouls in a span of 11 seconds. But the Heat rolled the dice and left him in until 4.3 seconds remained in the opening quarter, a move that paid off two ways. One, Allen didnt get in any deeper foul trouble. Two, Michael Beasley made those 4.3 ticks on the clock count. Without even time to work up a droplet of sweat, Beasley banked in a 35-footer at the horn of the first quarter to give Miami a 29-15 edge. And another beat-the-clock 3 -- this one by Bosh, with 2.0 seconds left and somewhat less dramatic than Beasleys -- put Miami up 51-40 at intermission. Boston used a 13-2 run to get to 42-35 late in the second. Thats when Greg Oden made his first home-court impact with the Heat. Oden -- playing in Miami for the first time since Nov. 12, 2008 -- blocked a dunk attempt by Green, then after a timeout had a follow slam of a miss by James to help snuff out the Boston rally. The Celtics just kept coming back. The Heat, though, had the final answer. "Erik sits over there and its been a long stretch for them, a hard stretch for them," Stevens said of Spoelstra. "Im sure the last 5 minutes he feels really good about what he can build on moving forward because that teams really good and they didnt even have Wade." NOTES: The Heat are 24-6 when Wade plays, 6-6 when he doesnt. ... Former Heat C Joel Anthony, who was traded to Boston last week, got a video tribute on the scoreboard and a standing ovation during the first quarter. The ovation was slightly less robust when he hit a jumper in the second quarter, though some still stood and clapped. ... James got his trophy for being Eastern Conference player of the month for December at halftime. michaelkorsoutletstorecheap . -- The competition for a spot in the Royals rotation just got a little tougher. michael kors bags cheap . VandeVelde has two goals and 10 points in 38 games for the Oklahoma City Barons. The 25-year-old had a goal in five NHL games last season for the Oilers. http://www.michaelkorsoutletstorecheap.com/ . Dempsey became only the fourth American to score against Italy when he fired past Gianluigi Buffon in the 55th minute, and the U.S. clung on for a memorable win in the friendly international. michael kors bags outlet . Two of basketballs biggest personalities. cheap michael kors online store . Two spots are available in EuroBasket and another pair in the FIBA Americas tournament. The winner and runner-up in each event will clinch berths in London next July.Injured lightweight champion Anthony Pettis will be back in the octagon to defend his title against Gilbert Melendez at the end of the year, UFC president Dana White announced at news conference in Puerto Rico on Wednesday. Pettis (17-2), who suffered a torn PCL during his title-winning performance against Benson Henderson at UFC 164 last August, is slated to appear opposite Melendez as a coach of "The Ultimate Fighter 20" leading up to the finale expected to highlight UFC 182 in December. Melendez (22-3) has endured a lonng layoff as well, defeating Diego Sanchez at UFC 166 in October of last year.dddddddddddd The break comes due to a long contract dispute that had the title contender on the brink of a deal with fight promotion Bellator. However, the UFC matched its rivals offer and retained Melendezs services. Melendez also ensured himself a shot at the title as part of the new contract. The event and date have yet to be officially announced, however the UFCs end of the year event usually takes place in the last week in December. wholesale jerseys ' ' '

Posted Apr 24, 2014
At 8:27
President Barack Obama sent Russia a clear message about its treatment of gays and lesbians(Reply 17)

President Barack Obama sent Russia a clear message about its treatment of gays and lesbians with who he is -- and isnt -- sending to represent the United States at the Sochi Olympics. Billie Jean King will be one of two openly gay athletes in the U.S. delegation for the opening and closing ceremonies, Obama announced Tuesday. For the first time since 2000, however, the U.S. will not send a president, former president, first lady or vice-president to the Games. Russia has come under fierce criticism for passing national laws banning "gay propaganda." Though the White House did not specifically address the Russian laws in making its announcement, spokesman Shin Inouye said the delegation "represents the diversity that is the United States" and that Obama "knows they will showcase to the world the best of America -- diversity, determination and teamwork." The White House said Obamas schedule will not permit him to attend the Games. "Its a positive sign to see openly gay representatives in the delegation," said Michael Cole-Schwartz, spokesman for the Human Rights Campaign, which recently sent a letter urging Obama to include gays and lesbians in the delegation. "Hopefully it sends a message to the Russian people and the rest of the world that the United States values the civil and human rights of LGBT people." King said she was "deeply honoured" to be named to the delegation. "I am equally proud to stand with the members of the LGBT community in support of all athletes who will be competing in Sochi and I hope these Olympic Games will indeed be a watershed moment for the universal acceptance of all people," said King, who will attend the opening ceremony. Hockey player Caitlin Cahow is the other openly gay representative to the delegation. Shell attend the closing ceremony. The U.S. Olympic Committee made no comment about the sexual orientation of the delegation. In a nod to its disapproval of the law, however, the USOC recently revised its non-discrimination policy to include sexual orientation. France and Germany are among the other countries who will not send their presidents to Sochi for the Games. Earlier this year, Obama rejected the idea of a U.S. boycott of the Olympics despite a number of differences with Russia, including the anti-gay law. This move, however, sends a strong signal: In 2010, Vice-President Joe Biden led the delegation, and in 2012, first lady Michelle Obama held the honour. This years group is led by former Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano. Others in the delegation include U.S. Ambassador to Russia Michael McFaul, figure skater Brian Boitano and presidential adviser Rob Nabors. King, the iconic tennis player, might be the most recognizable face in the group. Shes a 39-time Grand Slam title winner (singles, doubles and mixed), a recipient of the Presidential Medal of Freedom and one of the most prominent advocates of equality for women in sports and society over the past several decades. Shell attend the Olympics in a country that is creating tension for several key players because of the laws, including the International Olympic Committee, which awarded the Games to Russia. Earlier this month, IOC President Thomas Bach said Russia would set up public protest zones in Sochi for "people who want to express their opinion or want to demonstrate for or against something." Meanwhile, the IOC approved a letter going out to athletes reminding them to refrain from protests or political gestures during the Sochi Games -- reiterating Rule 50 of the Olympic charter, which forbids demonstrations on Olympic grounds. Bach had previously said hed received assurances from Russian President Vladimir Putin that gays will not be discriminated against in Sochi. But the Russian law has raised questions about what could happen to athletes who wear pins or badges or carry flags supporting gay rights. Earlier this fall, skier Bode Miller was one of the few American athletes to speak out against the Russian law, calling it "absolutely embarrassing." raybanwayfarersunglassesstore . England coach Fabio Capello has previously stressed that Terry is "innocent until proven guilty," meaning Terry could remain captain at the June 8-July 1 tournament. The Chelsea defender is accused of shouting abusive comments at Queens Park Rangers defender Anton Ferdinand during an October match. Ray Ban outlet .R. Smith. The NBA fined the New York Knicks guard $25,000 on Friday for his exchange with Detroit Pistons guard Brandon Jennings on the social media website.http://www.raybansunglassesoutletforsale.com/ . The 23rd-seed Dubois of Laval, Que., downed fellow Heidi El Tabakh of Oakville, Ont., 6-3, 6-2 to advance on Wednesday. Ray Ban sunglasses outlet . Plumlee scored a season-high 22 points and matched his best with 13 rebounds, and the Nets used their best defensive first half in eight years as the springboard for a 93-81 victory over the New Orleans Pelicans on Sunday night. Buy Ray Ban Sunglasses . The 20-year-old goaltender, who spent last season with the Calgary Hitmen, stopped 55 of 57 shots as Seattle defeated the host Portland Winterhawks 5-2 on Friday in Western Hockey League action.BUDAPEST, Hungary -- Javier Fernandez of Spain successfully defended his European figure skating title ahead of two Russian rivals despite several small mistakes in the free skate on Saturday. Fernandez, coached in Toronto by former two-time Olympic silver medallist Brian Orser, scored 267.11 points and is the first champion to successfully defend since Russias Evgeny Plushenko in 2005 and 2006. Sergei Voronov was second with 252.55 points and Konstantin Menshov had 237.24 in third as neither could challenge the Spaniards lead from the short program. Coming two weeks before the Winter Olympic Games in Sochi, the championships offered competitors a chance to assess their preparation. Fernandez, who had an awkward landing after a quad salchow and managed only a double lutz when a triple was planned, said it was essential to eliminate errors to be able to contend for a first Olympic medal. "There are mistakes where you lose points and points and points," said Fernandez, who skated to Henry Mancinis "Peter Gunn" and "Harlem Nocture," a jazz standard. "In a competition like the Olympics, every single point matters." At last years Europeans, Fernandez became the first Spaniard to win a major figure skating title. Plushenko, the Olympic champ in 2006 and a two-time silver medallist, skipped the Europeans but his absence nearly overshadowed the Russian mens trio. One of the biggest figure skating stars of the past 15 years, Plushenko is scheduled to perform a short and a free program behind closed doors for Russian skating officials on Tuesday for a chance to claim the countrys only mens slot at Sochi. Leading up to the Europeans, Voronov and Menshov were mentioned behind Russian champion Maxim Kovtun as contenders ffor the title and the position of Plushenkos main challenger.dddddddddddd But Kovtun finished fifth here and afterward seemed resigned to his fate. "After the third quad attempt, I understood this wasnt going to happen," Kovtun said. "I dont really know what happened because it was all fine in the warmup and I had a great practice on (Friday)." Voronovs silver was his best result in international competition. Though he won the Russian nationals twice, in 2008 and 2009, his career had stagnated. He refused to speculate about Plushenkos tryout, but made it clear that if he were to be selected by Russia, he was ready for the Olympic challenge. "Of course I want to go, who doesnt want to go to the Olympics?" Voronov said. "Plushenko is an authority in figure skating but we all want to go and there is only one spot. Its not us who decides." Adding to the intrigue, International Skating Union President Ottavio Cinquanta was showered with questions by reporters in Budapest and had to explain at length the ISUs policy allowing countries to replace injured or ill skaters at the Olympics between the team event and the individual events. The team event makes its Olympic debut on Feb. 6, a day before the opening ceremony. With a solid free skate which included two quad jumps, Menshov managed to climb to third overall after finishing 11th place in the short program. "It seems like I always have to overcome some difficulties," Menshov said. The risk of a second quadruple jump in the short program, which he failed to complete both here and at the Russian nationals, made him fall so far behind. "Im not confident on it yet," he said. The Europeans end on Sunday with the pairs free skate. wholesale jerseys ' ' '

Only members can contribute

You have to be logged into the site before you can participate in the disussion.

Member login

Welcome back to GadgetSpeak.

:
:

Not a member? Why not join?

lost password?