Accessibility
http://www.gadgetspeak.com/forum/group.rhtm

Misc

You need to login or register
to contribute to this forum
Anything not covered in other topics!
 Back to discussion list | Note : only members of this forum can post new messages
Started by
petew
Posted 7 Feb 2005
At 20:41
Battery chargers
I've got a good collection of Ni-mH rechargeable batteries now which go in anything that needs a AA or AAA device (with the except of things the kids are likelyt to loose in 5 minutes)

My primary reason for using these is that I *think* they cause less environmental damage than disposable - I hate the idea of thousands of little chemical polutants leaking into the environment and rechargeable seems to be the way to go.

It isn't of course that easy. Even suppose the batteries are better on the environment, you need a battery charger - which has an additional environmental overhead. OK that's a one-off, and they aren't too expensive............ are they?

OK - here's my gripe. I'm now on my THIRD charger. The first one (EverReady I think) lasted a good 3 years before dying. Since then I've had TWO UniRoss chargers. The first was their standard recharger, then when that went wrong I got an "Ultra-fast charger". Each has lasted just over a year, which I think is appalling. The ultra fast one cost something like £25, so it wasn't cheap, and I now notice UniRoss are stepping up the cost. Their latest model comes in at £40. They get quite a bit of use, butnot exceessive and lets face it they have a couple of components in the things. They are not rocket science!

So...... am I just unlucky? Has anyone any experience of chargers? Either UniRoss or others? Any one have good tales to tell?  What should I buy next? Thoughts on the combined environmental impact of manufacturing a charger plus batteries versus the old non-rechargeables?

Replies to this discussion Total Responses:10
Posted 15 Apr 2019
At 11:18
jollo(Reply 5)

If you want to apply Impressions in a friend and by putting the Funny Whatsapp status lga kar so we can use this site

Posted 21 May 2019
At 11:06
uzi(Reply 6)

It all is wholly right. All of little components were definitely generated thru countless checklist learning. I enjoy your application tons. Kollagen Intensiv

Posted 2 June 2019
At 22:03
Eric Mason(Reply 7)

I like an individual's publishing. It's good to look at you really clarify within phrases using the spirit in addition quality in this essential issue is usually quite easily seen. Manhattan ear candling

Posted 15 June 2019
At 6:38
asdfasdf(Reply 8)

The a truly great place That i experienced owing to publish it all. The chances of what precisely I want to observe pray during near future you can expect to keep going meant for posting an extremely good place. All Season Tires Ottawa

Posted 17 June 2020
At 8:34
Battery chargers(Reply 9)

I really like using Gmail but I can't solve my trouble without www.Gmail.com, I think this website are gonna be helpful to you.

Posted 16 Apr 2023
At 14:58
Battery chargers(Reply 10)

The author presents a thoughtful perspective on the benefits of rechargeable batteries over disposable ones for environmental reasons. However, the article highlights the need for a battery charger and real properties Nassau County the environmental impact of this additional purchase. The author expresses frustration with their experience with battery chargers, which only lasted just over a year. This raises important questions about the overall environmental footprint of rechargeable batteries and their necessary accessories.

Only members can contribute

You have to be logged into the site before you can participate in the disussion.

Member login

Welcome back to GadgetSpeak.

:
:

Not a member? Why not join?

lost password?