Accessibility
http://www.gadgetspeak.com/forum/group.rhtm

Health and Beauty

You need to login or register
to contribute to this forum
Discuss your favourite health, beauty and fitness gadgets! Any questions? Ask the other members in here!
 Back to discussion list | Note : only members of this forum can post new messages
Started by
caroline_wilson
Posted Aug 18, 2003
At 10:38
A fantastic body on 3 episodes of Coronation Street a week

I was totally stunned at the array of new machines at the recently opened University of Hertfordshire sports village in Hatfield.  Now I have finally found a way to watch Coronation Street and get fit. 

Maybe I've just not been going to the right places, but I was quite bowled over by running and cycling machines that have their own individual flatscreen televisions. 

Of course what I should find more exciting is the fitness technology.  Every person has their own fitness programme recorded on a key.  You put the key into each fitness machine in the gym and it automatically knows how hard you need to work this week - and keeps a tally on what you've done.  At the end of the session you have a record of your workout and the key knows what you need to do next time.  Or at least that's how I understand it.

Has anyone else been exposed to these hi-tech fitness regimes.  And can it get me any fitter than my extremely good Personal Trainer who has turned me from couch potato to athlete in a mere 6 months. 

Somehow I think I am still going to enjoy the trees and the birds and human company on my weekly runs to the life of an automatron!

Let me know your thoughts.

Caroline

Replies to this discussion Total Responses:2
Posted Aug 18, 2003
At 12:20
3 episodes of Corrie(Reply 2)

that is some serious training!

Posted Aug 31, 2003
At 9:23
Fitness Tracking(Reply 1)

I've come across this technology to a lesser extent. It's ok for tracking what you did versus what you should be aiming at. I'm not sure if its any better than recording it on the form with the personal trainer. But if its a gadget to 'get you there' then I suppose it has merit.

What I'm looking for is a gadget that plans my routine so I can get to the gym on a regular basis, and gives a motivation boost about 3 hours beforehand..

Anyone seen one of these?

Gerry

Only members can contribute

You have to be logged into the site before you can participate in the disussion.

Member login

Welcome back to GadgetSpeak.

:
:

Not a member? Why not join?

lost password?